Standing Hip Extension – Gluteus Musculature (Buttocks)
Fecha de la última revisión: 7 de octubre de 2016
- Stand with your legs shoulder width apart and hold onto a table or chair in front of you for support.
- Perform an abdominal draw in to protect your back. Do this by pulling your umbilicus (belly button) in towards your back.
- Keep your knee straight and toes pointed, and kick your leg backward slowly
- Make sure you keep your upper body and back straight during the exercise.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat 10-15 times, 3 times in a row.
- Repeat with opposite leg.
- Perform the same exercise as described above with a light cuff weight around your ankle. Start with ½ to 1 pound weight.
- You are ready to add weight when you can do three sets of 12 repetitions for two sessions without difficulty or you rate the difficulty of the exercise as a 1-2 on a scale of 0-10.
The following videos demonstrate hip extension without and with weights.