Press Release: Breathing New Life into Lung Cancer Treatment
This article has been archived.
Please use for reference only.
Ultima Vez Modificado: 8 de agosto del 2003
New Therapeutic Approaches and the Role of Patient Advocacy Media Summit & Webcast
At the 10th World Congress on Lung Cancer (WCLC) in Vancouver, Canada
Monday, 11 August 2003 from 10.15 to 11.45
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO) more than 6 million people worldwide die every year as a result of cancer, the second most prevalent cause of death in the developing world. Lung cancer is the most common cancer worldwide among men and women accounting for 1.1 million deaths each year, yet there are very few patient advocacy groups in the world specifically dedicated to this devastating disease. International experts will convene at the 10th World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC) in Vancouver, Canada, from 10-14 August to discuss new approaches in providing patients with more therapeutic options.
Alimta®* is a promising new therapy option for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM). Gemzar® is currently standard treatment in many parts of the world as in combination therapy with cisplatin for NSCLC.
Breathing New Life into Lung Cancer Media Summit will feature international experts speaking about ongoing efforts by clinicians and researchers to offer therapy options that create positive outcomes for patients, as well as the increasingly important role of patient advocacy. Clinical data presented at the media summit will discuss the role of Gemzar® and Alimta® as valuable additions to the therapeutic landscape.
Breathing New Life into Lung Cancer Treatment Media Summit & Webcast (www.OncoLink.org) will include presentations from:
- Dr. Paul Bunn, Chairperson, Former-President ASCO, University of Colorado Cancer Center, USA, will chair the session and present 'Thoracic Cancers: The Therapeutic Landscape'
- Lynne Robertson, Roy Castle Lung Foundation, UK, will present 'Achieving Optimal Care: The Role of Patient Advocacy'
- Dr. Christian Manegold, Professor of Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Germany, will present 'Gemzar Combinations in Lung Cancer Care'
- Dr. Rafael Rosell, Scientific Director of Oncology Research, Institut Català d'Oncologia, Spain, will present 'Alimta: Achieving the Fullest Potential of a New Agent for Cancers of the Lung'
- A Q&A session will immediately follow the presentations. Journalists will also have the opportunity to conduct one-to-one interviews with speakers.
Monday 11 August 2003 from 10.15 to 11.45
Room 20, Vancouver Exhibit and Convention Centre
Please complete and return the PDF form if you would like to attend this event or receive a press pack, or simply log onto www.OncoLink.org to view the webcast, on-line from 13 August 2003 onwards.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Onsite at WCLC: Louise Pontifex ? Tel: +44 7887 752 430
Offsite: Melyssa Weible ? Tel: +212-583-9290
Seleccione los efectos secundarios y formas de ligante de tratamiento de su paciente
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Frente a un nuevo diagnóstico de cáncer o de cambiar el curso de su tratamiento actual? Deje que nuestro personal de enfermería cáncer que ayudan a pasar!