This article has been archived.
Please use for reference only.
Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania
Ultima Vez Modificado: 19 de junio del 2002
- ATSDR Cancer Policy Framework
- Cancer Incidence and Mortality by Race/Ethnicity in California, 1988-1991
- CDC: Tobacco Information &
Prevention Sourcepage a large site filled with
information from the US govenment on Research, data, reports, news and
how to quit.
- Department of Defense
- DoD Breast Cancer Research Program The mission of this program is to promote research directed toward reducing the incidence of breast cancer, increasing survival rates, and improving the quality of life
for those diagnosed with the disease.
- DoD Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Research Program Funds research (with assistance of chronic myelogenous leukemia survivors) to improve detection, treatment, survival and eradicate chronic myelogenous leukemia.
- DoD Ovarian Cancer Research Program Funds research (with assistance from ovarian cancer survivors) to improve detection, treatment, survival and eradicate ovarian cancer.
- DoD Prostate Cancer Research Program Funds research (with assistance from prostate cancer survivors) to improve detection, treatment, survival and eradicate prostate cancer.
- Environmental Protection Agency (USA) WWW Server
- Fermi National
Accelerator Laboratory: Fermilab Neutron Therapy Facility Neutron radiation therapy is used to treat some tumor types.
This web resource provides explanations about neutron therapy,
including indications, active protocols and contact
- Food and Drug Administration WWW Site
- The Health Care Financing Agency (Medicare & Medicaid Agency)
- International Cancer Information Canter of the NCI
- National Cancer Institute
- NCI: Cooperative Human Tissue Network CHTN is supported by the NCI to provide biomedical researchers with access to human tissues. CHTN's purpose is to promote cooperative efforts to collect, preserve and distribute human tissues for research.
- NCI: Surveillance,
Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program The
National Cancer Act of 1971 mandated the collection, analysis, and
dissemination of all data useful in the prevention, diagnosis, and
treatment of cancer. This resulted in the establishment of the
National Cancer Program under which the SEER Program was developed. A
continuing project of the NCI, the SEER Program collects cancer data
B on a routine basis from designated population-based cancer registries
in various areas of the country. Trends in cancer incidence, mortality
and patient survival in the United States, as well as many other
studies, are derived from this data bank.
- NCI: Website for Patients, Public and the Mass Media The site includes information (including up-to-date full text publications) for cancer patients and their families, and the general public, as well as resources for health educators and science teachers.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)
- National Institutes of Health
- The National
Library of Medicine's MEDLINEplus these pages are
designed to direct consumers to resources containing information that
will help patients research their health questions.
- New York State Department
of Health Home Page Contains a broad range of
cancer morbidity/mortality statistics, reports on cancer incidence,
directories of mammography facilities in New York State (with FDA
accredition), and much more.
State Department of Health: Cancer Statistics Incidence and mortality data in compiled from cancer case
reports submitted by physicians, hospitals, and laboratories for New
York State residents with cancer diagnosed during the period
State Department of Health: Cancer Information for Consumers -
Consumer oriented cancer information concerning breast
cancer screening projects, mamography facilities and epidemiologic
- US Department of Energy's Comprehensive Epidemiologic Data Resource
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- US Department
of Justice: Americans with Disabilities Act
- US General Services Administration(GSA)
- World Health Organization (UN)