IBA Proton Therapy Symposium 2007
This article has been archived.
Please use for reference only.
Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania
Ultima Vez Modificado: 20 de julio del 2007
Podcast of the "IBA Proton Therapy Symposium" from the 2007 San Francisco Radiation Oncology Conference. International cancer experts give you an exclusive opportunity to learn and share the information on the most recent developments in Proton Therapy. Tune in now to experience the collected knowledge of:
- Jay Loeffler, M.D. Chief of Radiation Oncology at Burr Proton Therapy Center "Is proton therapy experimental?"
- Nancy Tarbell, M.D. CC Wang Professor of Radiation Oncology at Burr Proton Therapy Center "Proton Radiation in Pediatric Solid Tumors"
- Carlos Vargas, M.D. at the University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute "Image Guided Proton Prostate Cancer Therapy"
- James Metz, M.D. Chief of Clinical Operations at the University of Pennsylvania "The Decision Process for Proton Therapy at the University of Pennsylvania "
Subscribe to OncoLink Podcasts
iTunes Manual Instructions:
- Click Advanced
- Subscribe to Podcast
- Add URL http://tv.oncolink.org/Podcasts/podcasts.xml
You may also Download the MP4.
ASTRO: Combination Therapy Beneficial in Prostate Cancer
Jan 26, 2015 - Long-term survival may be increased in medium-risk prostate cancer patients who receive short-term androgen deprivation therapy before and during radiation treatment compared with men who receive radiation alone. In addition, proton beam therapy may be associated with a decreased risk of disease recurrence after 10 years and has minimal side effects after one year, according to research presented at the 51st Annual Meeting of the American Society for Radiation Oncology, held from Nov. 1 to 5 in Chicago.
Frequently Asked Questions
National Cancer Institute
Seleccione los efectos secundarios y formas de ligante de tratamiento de su paciente
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Frente a un nuevo diagnóstico de cáncer o de cambiar el curso de su tratamiento actual? Deje que nuestro personal de enfermería cáncer que ayudan a pasar!