A Balanced Diet
Gloria Hagopian, RN, EdD
Ultima Vez Modificado: 1 de noviembre del 2001
It is important to eat nutrients such as protein, carbohydrates, fat,
vitamens, and minerals to carry on normal body functions. During
radiation therapy, extra nutrients are required for healing. Protein is
needed for growth and tissue repair. Calories are neede for energy.
The following guides are suggested for a balanced diet during
- Drink 2 cups of milk a day. Substitutes may include cheese, cottage
cheese, yogurt and ice cream.
- Eat 2 or more ounce servings of meat or meat substitutes a day. Meat
substitutes include eggs, fish, poultry, beans, peas, peanut butter, and
- Eat or drink 2 or more half-cup servings of fruit or fruit juice
- Eat 2 or more half-cup servings of vegetables daily.
- Eat 4 or more servings of bread or cereal.
Frequently Asked Questions