a d Help at Home | Oncolink - Cancer Resources

Help at Home

Ultima Vez Modificado: 4 de agosto del 2011

Share article

OncoLink Cancer FAQ

How can I get help at home to take care of myself, like a visiting nurse or nurse’s aide?

OncoLink Cancer FAQ

Trish Gambino, RN, MSN, Nurse Navigator, responds:
Most insurance companies will pay for skilled nursing visits to teach you how to do certain procedures (such as wound care), physical therapy or occupational therapy. This will only be for a designated amount of time. As far as continued support in the home, you should access your community's office on aging. They may have programs that are supplemented by federal or state funding, should you financially qualify. There are many private agencies available but you must pay out-of-pocket for these services.

This question and answer was part of the OncoLink Brown Bag Chat Series. View the transcript from Finding the Cancer Resources You Need.

Getting Insurance After Cancer

I Wish You Knew

How an oncology social worker can improve your cancer experience

View More

Blogs and Web Chats

OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.

OncoLink OncoPilot

Frente a un nuevo diagnóstico de cáncer o de cambiar el curso de su tratamiento actual? Deje que nuestro personal de enfermería cáncer que ayudan a pasar!

Más información