Who should I see about chemotherapy for my prostate cancer?

Ultima Vez Modificado: 11 de marzo del 2007

Share article


Dear OncoLink "Ask The Experts,"
Who should I see about chemotherapy for my prostate cancer?


Carolyn Vachani RN, MSN, AOCN, OncoLink's Nurse Educator, responds:

Chemotherapy is managed by a doctor called a medical oncologist. These doctors are trained in the administration of chemotherapy and managing of related side effects. You can find a medical oncologist through your urologist or your family physician as they can recommend a medical oncologist who they trust and have a working relationship. This recommendation is typically based on both their own experience and the experience of patients that they have referred in the past.

I Wish You Knew

The Controversy of Screening

View More

Blogs and Web Chats

OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.

OncoLink OncoPilot

Frente a un nuevo diagnóstico de cáncer o de cambiar el curso de su tratamiento actual? Deje que nuestro personal de enfermería cáncer que ayudan a pasar!

Más información