Who should I see about chemotherapy for my prostate cancer?

Ultima Vez Modificado: 11 de marzo del 2007

Share article


Dear OncoLink "Ask The Experts,"
Who should I see about chemotherapy for my prostate cancer?


Carolyn Vachani RN, MSN, AOCN, OncoLink's Nurse Educator, responds:

Chemotherapy is managed by a doctor called a medical oncologist. These doctors are trained in the administration of chemotherapy and managing of related side effects. You can find a medical oncologist through your urologist or your family physician as they can recommend a medical oncologist who they trust and have a working relationship. This recommendation is typically based on both their own experience and the experience of patients that they have referred in the past.

Fusion Transcript, PCA3 in Urine Predict Prostate Cancer Risk

Aug 8, 2011 - A urine test that detects the presence of a fusion transcript of transmembrane protease, serine 2 and v-ets erythroblastosis virus E26 oncogene homolog (avian) genes can predict the risk of prostate cancer in men with elevated serum prostate-specific antigen, according to a study published in the Aug. 3 issue of Science Translational Medicine.

I Wish You Knew

How cancer patients have changed my life

View More

Blogs and Web Chats

OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.

OncoLink OncoPilot

Frente a un nuevo diagnóstico de cáncer o de cambiar el curso de su tratamiento actual? Deje que nuestro personal de enfermería cáncer que ayudan a pasar!

Más información