Caring Way - A Home Health Service
Caring Way is a home health service that provides skilled nursing care to patients with end-stage illness who may be continuing active treatment. Our philosophy is to help eligible patients maintain personal dignity and independence by providing health care services and support at home.
- Homebound status
- Skilled nursing need
- May be undergoing treatment (e.g., chemotherapy, radiation therapy) but disease is end-stage
- Patient may be appropriate for hospice but patient/family wants to continue active treatment or is
unwilling to elect hospice program
Home health services are billed to Medicare/insurance companies on a fee-for-service basis.
- Skilled nursing care
- 24 hour RN on-call
- Medical social worker (MSW), if ordered by the patient's physician
- Home health aide, if ordered by the patient's physician
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy if ordered by the patient's physician
Not Included *
Medications, durable medical equipment, oxygen, lab work, ambulance, respite care, in-patient care, continuous care
* Insurance may cover these costs
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Frente a un nuevo diagnóstico de cáncer o de cambiar el curso de su tratamiento actual? Deje que nuestro personal de enfermería cáncer que ayudan a pasar!