2012 Science of Global Prostate Cancer Disparities Conference: The Global Burden of Prostate Cancer: Economic, Clinical and Humanistic Outcomes
University of Florida, University of West Indies
Ultima Vez Modificado: 22 de marzo del 2012
Dates: November 1-4, 2012
Location: Nassau, The Bahamas
Sponsoring Group: University of Florida, University of West Indies
Objectives: The goals of this conference are to:
- Provide opportunities for mutual learning, knowledge transfer, and collaborations among prostate cancer scientists, clinicians, survivors and advocates;
- Promote trans-disciplinary and multidisciplinary prostate cancer research globally;
- Facilitate networking among individuals involved in all aspects of prostate cancer control, education and research in black men;
- Facilitate the development of a global community of practice to address common challenges in prostate cancer, including prevention, detection, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship; and
- Contribute to a global impact against prostate cancer through research, training, education, and advocacy programs for low-resource countries.
Who Should Attend: Physicians, Clinicians, Survivors, Advocates, Researchers
Agenda: Conference Agenda
Registration Information: Visit website for registration information.
Continuing Education: Yes
Miscellany: The following conference is geared towards survivors, patients, prostate cancer advocates, clinicians, and researchers.
Prostate Size Predicts Gleason Score Upgrading
Feb 6, 2012 - For men with low-risk prostate cancer, prostate size is an independent predictor of Gleason score upgrading, according to a study published in the December issue of The Journal of Urology.
Frequently Asked Questions
National Cancer Institute
I Wish You Knew
The Controversy of Screening
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Frente a un nuevo diagnóstico de cáncer o de cambiar el curso de su tratamiento actual? Deje que nuestro personal de enfermería cáncer que ayudan a pasar!