Targeted Therapies for Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma: New Standards of Care
The Center for Biomedical Continuing Education
Ultima Vez Modificado: 13 de febrero del 2009
Conference Dates: February 26, 2009
Conference Location: Orlando, FL
Sponsoring Group: The Center for Biomedical Continuing Education
Conference Web Page URL:www.thecbce.com/renalcell2009
Topics Covered: renal cell carcinoma, gene mutations, cellular signaling defects, metastasectomy, cytoreductive nephrectomy
- Describe common gene mutations and cellular signaling defects that are characteristics of RCC.
- Describe prognostic and predictive factors that may be useful in determining optimal care for patients with RCC.
- Describe clinical considerations in the use of metastasectomy and cytoreductive nephrectomy followed by systematic therapy for patients with mRCC.
- Describe recent data regarding the safety and efficacy of novel agents targeting cell growth pathways for the treatment of RCC.
- Discuss recent clinical trials investigating the safety and efficacy of targeted agents that impact the vascular and endothelial growth factor-signaling pathway for the treatment of RCC.
Who Should Attend: medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, nurses, pharmacists, physicial assistants and other healthcare professionals interested in the treatment and care of patients with RCC
Continuing Education: Yes
I Wish You Knew
How cancer patients have changed my life
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Frente a un nuevo diagnóstico de cáncer o de cambiar el curso de su tratamiento actual? Deje que nuestro personal de enfermería cáncer que ayudan a pasar!